Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.7
[Materials] Crash in some cases after doing Material.CopyPropertiesFromMaterial, regression in 5.3.x
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project and "Ice Cubes" scene in it.
2. In the Hierarchy window expand Ice Cubes and select the first one of them.
3. In the Inspector window under the Glass script expand Materials.
4. Click "Create 'Ice Cube 1' Materials" and observe new materials were created.
5. Click "Update Shared Glass Materials" and notice the crash.
Expected behavior: No crash while assigning/editing newly created materials.
Actual behavior: Editor crashes at Shader::GetActiveSubShaderIndex while assigning/editing newly created materials.
Reproducible: 5.5.0a5, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.6p2, 5.3.4f1
Not reproducible: 5.3.2p3, 5.2.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU