Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.7
[Materials] Crash in some cases after doing Material.CopyPropertiesFromMaterial, regression in 5.3.x
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project and "Ice Cubes" scene in it.
2. In the Hierarchy window expand Ice Cubes and select the first one of them.
3. In the Inspector window under the Glass script expand Materials.
4. Click "Create 'Ice Cube 1' Materials" and observe new materials were created.
5. Click "Update Shared Glass Materials" and notice the crash.
Expected behavior: No crash while assigning/editing newly created materials.
Actual behavior: Editor crashes at Shader::GetActiveSubShaderIndex while assigning/editing newly created materials.
Reproducible: 5.5.0a5, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.6p2, 5.3.4f1
Not reproducible: 5.3.2p3, 5.2.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform