Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1
[Editor] Compilation error in the editor code after a failed platform specific compilation error
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project(CompilationError.zip)
2. Build for Windows Standalone (x64) -> There build should fail because of a compilation error in *NewBehaviourScript.cs*.
3. Open *NewBehaviourScript.cs* and remove the "using UnityEditor;", return to the Editor
4. You will get the following error:
Assets/Code/Imagine/Editor-Tools/Build.cs(3,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FunHouse' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?`.
Expected result: Unity should not throw the error
Actual result: After a build fails and a compilation error is fixed, the assemblies are not being updated (Unity keeps using the runtime Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll) and Editor scripts in the Plugins folder are not included in the assemblies
Reimport the assets or restart the Editor
Unable to test with 5.4/5.5 due the errors
Reproduced with: 5.6.1p1, 5.6.2f1, 2017.1.0b10, 2017.2.0a4
Fixed in: 2017.2.0b2
Backported to: 5.6.3p4, 2017.1.1p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- [Build Pipeline, Meshes] Mesh Optimization is not using enabled Material Keywords
- [UWP][MR] Development console is in incorrect position in Window Mixed Reality app
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error