Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1
[Editor] Compilation error in the editor code after a failed platform specific compilation error
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project(CompilationError.zip)
2. Build for Windows Standalone (x64) -> There build should fail because of a compilation error in *NewBehaviourScript.cs*.
3. Open *NewBehaviourScript.cs* and remove the "using UnityEditor;", return to the Editor
4. You will get the following error:
Assets/Code/Imagine/Editor-Tools/Build.cs(3,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FunHouse' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?`.
Expected result: Unity should not throw the error
Actual result: After a build fails and a compilation error is fixed, the assemblies are not being updated (Unity keeps using the runtime Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll) and Editor scripts in the Plugins folder are not included in the assemblies
Reimport the assets or restart the Editor
Unable to test with 5.4/5.5 due the errors
Reproduced with: 5.6.1p1, 5.6.2f1, 2017.1.0b10, 2017.2.0a4
Fixed in: 2017.2.0b2
Backported to: 5.6.3p4, 2017.1.1p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Animator Blend Tree throws warnings when typing a decimal value to Animation Speed field
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI