Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
"<>" symbols are added when selecting multiple GameObjects and renaming GameObject or changing Transform value in the Inspector
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Make Editor Fullscreen
3. Select A, B, C GameObjects in the Hierarchy
4. Rename the GameObjects via Inspector
Expected results: GameObjects names are renamed
Actual results: While renaming GameObjects name "<>" symbol is added before the edit
Reproduced with: 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.26f1, 2021.2.8f1, 2022.1.0b3, 2022.2.0a4
- 2019.4.34f1 added "<multi>"
- happens mostly only on Newly opened files.
- happens only when a version is changed
- happens also in Transform
- reproduces on macOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Action can't be undone after changing the base Controller on the Animator Controller
- The Axes Gizmo is wiggling around when moving around the Scene View with enabled Physical Camera and Isometric View
- The script can be dragged and dropped before it is compiled
- Double clicking script field no longer opens it in the external script editor
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable