Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
[DX12] Performance Markers are absent in NVIDIA NSight Range Profiler View while Frame Profiling
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project, set its Graphics API to "Direct3D12 (Experimental)" and close it
2. Launch NVIDIA Nsight Graphics 2019.6.1.0 and open the attached project "1203035_testnsightproj.nsight-gfxproj"
3. Double-click the project in the Project Explorer panel to open the "Connect to process" window and navigate to the "Launch" tab
4. Set "Application Executable" to a directory where Untiy.exe is located (e.g. D:/UnityVersions/2020.1/2020.1.0a17_ccc6f9131a63/Editor/Unity.exe)
5. Set "Command Line Arguments" to "-projectPath "x"" where x is the directory to the Unity project
6. In the "Activity" tab below the "Launch" tab, select "Frame Profiler" and select "D3D"
7. Click "Launch Frame Profiler" and once the Unity project is opened, enter Play Mode
8. In the new Nsight window, click the "Capture for Live Analysis" button below the menu bar
9. Inspect the Range Profiler View
Expected result: Perf Markers appear in the Range Profiler view
Actual result: Perf Markers are absent if the Graphics API is set to "Direct3D12 (Experimental)"
Reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.15f1, 2019.2.17f1, 2019.3.0f4, 2020.1.0a17
Note: if in the first step the Graphics API is set back to "Direct3D11", the Perf Markers appear in the Range Profiler View (as seen in the screenshots)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Renaming a Scene deletes its GameObjects when a Scene with that name was already deleted
- Crash on GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursively when exiting Play Mode
- [Asset Bundles] Bundles are not cached when using certain request URLs
- [URP] Color correction effects are applied to overlay camera when only being added to the base camera
- Ribbon trail with Attach Ribbons To Transform checked and Simulation Space property set to World is attached to (0,0,0) position