Search Issue Tracker
"Duplicate identifier" error appears after applying added GameObject to prefab asset
1. Add two GameObjects to hierarchy "P1" and "P2"
2. Convert them to prefabs
3. Make P2 child of P1
4. Save the scene
5. Drag P2 to Project Browser and choose "Prefab Variant"
6. Select P1 and Apply All in Overrides window
7. Double click on scene asset (to reload it), choose "Do not save"
8. Drag extra P2 GameObject to the last child of P1 (if it is not there yet)
9. Select P1 and Apply All in Overrides window
Prefab is reimported and became broken.
Prefab instance has missing asset type
Please take a look into movie for details
Regression from 2021.1.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs