Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[GPU Sorting] [Crash] OSX crashes when a VFX asset using GPU sorting is viewed in the scene/game view.
1. On OSX, Open Unity 2019.3.0a12 or later.
2. Import the VFX Graph package (7.0.1 or later)
3. Create a default VFX asset
4. Drag the asset in the hierarchy or scene (make sure either the scene or game view is visible)
5. If nothing happens, open the asset in the VFX Window so it would compile.
6. Mac hangs, then crashes and restarts.
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a11, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2019.3.0a10 and lower
Mac crash at:
com.apple.CoreDisplay 0x00007fff3c1c2e38 CoreDisplay::GPU::GPU(__GPUWranglerGPU*, dispatch_queue_s*) + 792
8 com.apple.CoreDisplay 0x00007fff3c1d7dc5 invocation function for block
- discovered during 7.0.1 validation, was presumed to be a temporary trunk issue, still repros 2 weeks later, so logging it.
- repros on HDRP, Universal, or when no SRP is assigned.
Nov 20, 2020 19:41
This is still happening in Unity 2019.4.11f1
Jan 07, 2020 09:19
Same issue in 2019.3.0f3.
I actually do nothing than hitting the Game view tab, and the OSX crashes straight.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2019.3.0b2, 2020.1.0a2