Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.X
10 times longer asset bundle building when building multiple small asset bundles
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open project "assetbundletest.zip"
2. Click "Assets/Build AssetBundles" - 16 asset bundles each containing 1 picture will be built
3. Wait for building to finish
4. Take a look at console output
Result: it took Unity Editor about 40 seconds to build 16 assetbundles, about 10 times longer than before
Reproduced with: 5.5.0a4, 5.5.0b11 - took about 40 seconds to build
Not reproducible with: 5.4.2p4, 5.5.0a3 - took about 4 seconds to build
Regression introduced in 5.5.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
- Async Scene load operation with allowSceneActivation set to false completes when refocusing the Editor
- [Addressables] OperationException errors appear when using Synchronous loading of remote AssetBundles and RetryCount
Jun 19, 2017 12:44
I'm not sure it is related to https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/every-call-to-buildassetbundles-recompiles-scripts.
However, it is still reproduced on 5.6.1p3. Please fix this asap. Now, it takes 10 times longer when building asset bundles.
Apr 26, 2017 07:39
It's fixed but could be better!
We have more than 1500 asset bundles with different sizes (mostly small) and we have found that build process is constantly slowed down after each bundle build in queue. It takes more than 40 minutes to build them all in v5.6.0p1 (9 minutes in v5.6.0p2). But we have split build process to separate chunks so no more than 500 bundles will be build in one BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles call. Last call is contained all bundles to have proper AssetBundleManifest file. And now build time is 3 minutes (8 minutes before v5.6.0p2)!!!
Mar 29, 2017 22:01
Issue remains in 5.5.2p4
Mar 02, 2017 20:58
We are seeing this too, we have a fairly large project and building assets in our current version 5.4.0p3, takes about 15 minutes. Now we are testing out 5.5.2p1 and building assets takes a lot longer time, at times it almost looks like the asset building has frozen.