Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.1, 2019.2
Drag-select in Prefab Mode selects GameObjects with Gizmos in any loaded scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1140279_repro.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene" scene (in "Scenes" folder)
3. In the Hierarchy, select "Cube(5)"
4. Open Prefab Mode
5. Select 2 rightmost cubes with drag-select
6. In the Hierarchy, drag selected objects to "Cube(6)"
Expected result: No new GameObjects appear
Actual result: GameObjects from the loaded scene appear to be selected as well
Reproducible with - 2018.3.11f1, 2019.1.0b9, 2019.2.0a10
1) When exiting Prefab Mode, if "Discard Changes" is clicked, those GameObjects that come from the scene are irreversibly deleted.
2) When an object with a gizmo from the scene is in the drag-selection area, there are no Transforms arrows.
3) It looks like when in Prefab Mode, the prefab is placed in the (0;0;0) position of the loaded scene. This means that if an object with a gizmo is in the (0;0;0) position in the loaded scene, it will be on top of the prefab in the Prefab Mode.
4) Not reproducible with 2017.4 because Prefab Mode was not implemented yet.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] AudioClip generated by an external process (LMMS) and loaded into the editor has no samples
- [Hub][Mac] "Create" button in Project creation window does not gray out when selecting root folder of Read-Only external storage
- Private OnSceneGUI method is not called when using a base Editor type with the attribute editorForChildClasses
- Sprite.OverrideGeometry Incorrectly overrides vertices
- [Unity 2018] Editor crash on switching target platform when project contains a dll asset with a define constraint