Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
MacOS editor fails to load platform editor extensions
On creating a new unity project or upgrading any project in 2021.2a10 resulting "Opening file failed" popup appears which states that the extentions.dll file does not have permissions.
Refer attached video.
Steps to Repro:
1. Download Unity Editor version 2021.2a10 through 'Download Assistant'.
2. HUB > Installs > Locate > 2021.2a10
3. Projects > New > Select Unity Version 2021.2a10
4. Create a New Unity Project or upgrade any project.
'Opening file failed' popup appears on creating/upgrading any project when the editor is installed via DA.
When the editor is installed through DA then on creating/upgrading Projects they should get created and Upgraded gracefully.
Working Fine in:
2021.2.0a9, 2021.1.0f1, 2020.3.2f1.
Only on macOS
When the permissions for the extentions.dll file are given manually then the project is created or upgraded gracefully.
1] On clicking the 'Force Quit' option editor crashed with a fatal error
the crash log is attached for reference.
2] When the editor is installed through HUB then on creating/upgrading Projects they get created and Upgraded gracefully.
3] Unity Hub installed Version 2.4.3 (2.4.3)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first