Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
MacOS editor fails to load platform editor extensions
On creating a new unity project or upgrading any project in 2021.2a10 resulting "Opening file failed" popup appears which states that the extentions.dll file does not have permissions.
Refer attached video.
Steps to Repro:
1. Download Unity Editor version 2021.2a10 through 'Download Assistant'.
2. HUB > Installs > Locate > 2021.2a10
3. Projects > New > Select Unity Version 2021.2a10
4. Create a New Unity Project or upgrade any project.
'Opening file failed' popup appears on creating/upgrading any project when the editor is installed via DA.
When the editor is installed through DA then on creating/upgrading Projects they should get created and Upgraded gracefully.
Working Fine in:
2021.2.0a9, 2021.1.0f1, 2020.3.2f1.
Only on macOS
When the permissions for the extentions.dll file are given manually then the project is created or upgraded gracefully.
1] On clicking the 'Force Quit' option editor crashed with a fatal error
the crash log is attached for reference.
2] When the editor is installed through HUB then on creating/upgrading Projects they get created and Upgraded gracefully.
3] Unity Hub installed Version 2.4.3 (2.4.3)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Gizmos position and scale incorrectly when changing camera rect
- Folder name is truncated when dot is used in the name
- Reorderable List elements cannot be edited when using Custom Editors and Serialized Objects
- VideoPlayer does not play video when device is using Android 6.0.1
- Mesh.GetIndexBuffer() requires Mesh's 'Read/Write' flag to be enabled to get its index buffer data in Builds