Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Double clicking on non-equal values and trying to type over them results in "<>" symbols added to the field
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Select the two "Array" objects in the "SampleScene"
3. Observe that the array values are non-equal for the two objects and thus show the "-' symbol
4. Either double click the value - type in a new one or slightly drag over the existing "-" value and then type in a new one
5. Observe the value that actually shows up
Expected result: If you double click on a value to select it and then type in "5" for example then 5 should be the new value
Actual result: If you double click on a value to select it and then type in "5" the value ends up as "<5>" which resets it to 0. A similar thing happens when you drag your mouse slightly over the value's text - it ends up as "<mul5>", "<m5>", etc.
Reproduced in: 2020.2.0a15, 2020.1.0b14, 2019.4.2f1, 2018.4.23f1, 2017.4.40f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- "UnityEngine.SystemInfo.processorFrequency" logs a value of 0 on M1 macs
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline