Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 4.5.3
Double clicking a C# script will open MonoDevelop instead of Visual Studio
1. Set Visual Studio as your external code editor in Preferences and double click on a C# script.
2. A popup box saying "Starting Visual Studio" shows up, but then it disappears and MonoDevelop opens instead.
Update 2014-06-12 please go for this URL or a discussion of the fix for this bug in 4.5.1p1 and beyond: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/double-clicking-a-c-script-should-open-visual-studio.251358/
Update 2014-08-01 A few remaining fixes for these Visual Studio launching problems have landed and will be available in 4.5.3p1. These fixes include:
* Additional retries when a new Visual Studio session is busy while Unity attempts to open a solution file or script file.
* New logging of information about the Visual Studio detection and launching process to the editor log.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Light direction changes when changing "Light Anchor" component's "Distance" property
- “RegisterCallback<KeyUpEvent>” and “RegisterCallback<KeyDownEvent>“ callbacks are not called when pressing keys in a UI Toolkit window
- [VFX Graph] Use base color map set to none after material change in output
- [Mac] Context menu in Hierarchy is available but not functional when the Editor is out of focus
- Cursor's static properties does not change when changing the Cursor's states