Search Issue Tracker
.obj model scanned with Matterport camera does not import correctly, takes a long time, uses most of the RAM machine has
How to reproduce:
1. Open any project
2. Import "UserSubmitted.obj" model
3. Wait for the importation to complete (takes about 15 minutes)
Expected result: model imports without any casualties
* Error "Model's normals are not generated"
* Model is unusable
* While importing, Unity uses most of the RAM machine has
Reproducible with: 2017.3.0a5, 2018.3.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2017.1.4p1, 2017.3.0a4
Notes: importing and exporting the model in Blender fixes the issue (importing the default model uses 40Mb when exported uses 75Mb)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- [PackMan] Extension in bottom bar disappears when using operations between UI generation and packman extension callbacks
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`