Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X, 2022.2.X
'displayName' in package.json is ignored if the package is from GitHub
How to reproduce:
1. Create a GitHub account and go into github.com/settings/tokens
2. Press "Generate new token" and scroll down to the third row of the table
3. Check the "read:packages" setting ON
4. Scroll down and generate token
5. Place the attached "upmconfig.toml" file into the "Users/<username>" directory and rename it to ".upmconfig.toml"
6. Open the user attached project "PackageManagerDisplayNameReport.zip"
7. Open the Packages folder
Expected result: Packages use “displayName: Prefab Package Example ” from “package.json”
Actual result: Packages use “name: com.tsgcpp.unitygithubpackageexample.prefab” instead of “displayName: Prefab Package Example” from “package.json"
Reproducible: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.18f1, 2021.1.21f1, 2021.2.0b12, 2022.1.0a8
* The access token currently in the file ".upmconfig.toml" expires on 10/06, replace it with the token you generated if expired/doesn't work
* When renaming "upmconfig.toml" you might be warned that the file will be hidden, you can still open it with VScode if you go into the directory it's in
* For step 5 refer to the documentation: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-config.html
* For result examples, please refer to the screenshots attached
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- AudioManager.Update takes up significantly more CPU time when a big number of Audio Sources are stopped at one time
- [Linux] Editor doesn't build a project when "Install into source code 'build' folder" is enabled after switching projects
- [OpenXR][Vulkan][URP] MSAA does not work on Quest 1/2 builds when using URP + OpenXR + Vulkan
- UI Builder lacks visual feedback on reordering elements when Unity Editor is set to Light Theme
- Crash on core::StringStorageDefault<char>::assign when opening a project