Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2017.3.X
Different memory sections in the PackedMemorySnapshot share the same startAddress
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "case_1159145-memory_stripped.zip"
2. Build and Run the application, make sure "Development Build" in "Build Settings" is enabled
3. After the application is built, open Window -> Analysis -> Memory Profiler
4. In Memory Profiler, change "Editor" to Standalone application (in my case WindowsPlayer...)
5. In Memory Profiler, press "Capture Player" button
6. Copy the snapshot number and paste it in the DuplicateSections.cs script line 13, save the script
7. In the Editor tabs section, press "Bug" -> "Test"
8. Observe Console window
Expected result: no warnings are thrown
Actual result: a lot of duplicate address warnings are thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0b12 (0.1.0-prev.6), 2018.4.2f1 (0.1.0-prev.3, 0.1.0-prev.6), 2019.1.7f1 (0.1.0-prev.6), 2019.2.0b6 (0.1.0-prev.6), 2019.3.0b4 (preview.7 - 0.1.0)
Could not test with: 2018.3.0b11 and older due to memory package errors
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed in 2020.1.0a12, 2019.3.0b9