Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
CustomEditor OnEnable() called every frame if enabled Object is selected from Project Window
1. Create a new project
2. Import "MyCollider.cs"
3. Create a Prefab and attach the "MyCollider.cs" Script to it
4. Select the Prefab in Project Window and inspect the Console
Expected result: OnEnable is called once
Actual result: OnEnable is called every frame when the Prefab is selected
Reproducible with: 2018.4.22f1, 2019.3.14f1, 2020.1.0a8, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.2.0a10
Not reproducible with 2017.4.40f1, 2019.2.21f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a7
1. Sometimes (earlier versions) OnEnable() only gets called when Object is selected in Hierarchy and doesn't work in the Project Window which makes it impossible to reproduce the issue since it only reproduces in Project window
2. The issue has been backported to 2018.4, 2019.3
3. Video of the issue is attached
Jul 10, 2020 10:02
Still reproduced in Unity 2019.4.
My bug report (Case 1260866) with a repro project on Unity 2019.4.2f1 has been closed as a dublicate of this one, but the same (or similar) issue happens there as well. Please check it.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.0b14.4034