Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Custom Script templates defined in the Project don't get applied when creating a new Script via the Add Component menu
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached '1298935.zip' project
2. Open 'SampleScene'
3. In the Hierarchy select 'Cube'
4. In the Inspector select 'Add Component'
5. Create a new Script (via the Add Component menu)
6. Open the newly created Script
Expected result: The Script gets created with the custom Script template
Actual result: The Script gets created with the default Script template
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.16f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0f1, 2021.1.0a10
- The issue does not reproduce when creating a new Script by right-clicking in the Project window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Quest 2] Surface shader and multi-view sampling custom textures broken in Quest 2
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles