Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Custom Script templates defined in the Project don't get applied when creating a new Script via the Add Component menu
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached '1298935.zip' project
2. Open 'SampleScene'
3. In the Hierarchy select 'Cube'
4. In the Inspector select 'Add Component'
5. Create a new Script (via the Add Component menu)
6. Open the newly created Script
Expected result: The Script gets created with the custom Script template
Actual result: The Script gets created with the default Script template
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.16f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0f1, 2021.1.0a10
- The issue does not reproduce when creating a new Script by right-clicking in the Project window
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform