Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Curl error 51: UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FLAG_NOT_TRUSTED when making a request to the server using self signed certificate
How to reproduce:
1. Download and extract "mock-backend.zip"
2. Update the file "selfSignedCerts/san.cnf" by putting the IP address of where the server will be hosted in the last line (for example `IP.1 = 22.214.171.124`)
3. Add an entry in "/etc/hosts", that directs "mock.local" to your local IP
4. Run the following command from the "selfSignedCerts" directory: openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 730 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout key.pem -out cert.pem -config san.cnf
5. Double click on the certificate file, then mark it as trusted in the keychain/trust store
6. Start the server with the following command: dotnet run Startup.cs
7. Open the attached project "BugReportProject.zip"
8. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: No error is thrown
Actual result: Curl error 51: UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FLAG_NOT_TRUSTED error is thrown
Reproducible with - 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.17f1, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b5, 2021.2.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- ChangeSets are not detected when created via Editor Scripts
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"