Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0b15, 2023.2.0a11
CullScriptable process time increases when decreasing Field of View
1. Open the "TerrainZoomTest.zip" project attached by the user
2. Open the "ZoomTest2Scene" Scene
3. Open the Profiler as a standalone process (Window > Analysis > Profiler (Standalone Process))
4. Enter Play Mode
5. In the Hierarchy, select the "Main Camera" GameObject
6. In the Inspector, set the "Field of View" property to 1
7. Observe the Profiler
Expected result: "CullScriptable" process time is not significantly increased
Actual result: "CullScriptable" process time significantly increased
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.15f1, 2021.2.0b4, 2022.1.0a2
Sep 29, 2021 08:43
it's Terrain.HeightMap.RenderStep 1,2 and 3, not TerrainTile renderstep
Sep 29, 2021 08:40
Profiler shows TerrainTile RenderSteps 1,2 and 3 taking alot of time, for ALL terrain tiles, regardless of which terrain tiles are in view.
Missing early out ??
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Vertex data is displaced when building with Addressables with Optimize Mesh Data enabled
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.2.0a11):
Prevents Unity from subdividing areas of the terrain not visible to the camera.
Adds a manual override for the minimum amount of terrain subdivision for use in cases that off-camera terrain needs to be a higher resolution (for shadowmaps etc).