Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
CRC values of AssetBundles are the same when HDRP Asset's Lit Shader Mode is changed and AssetBundles are built
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "tests.zip"
2. Click Bundles>Build
3. Open <project-path>/AssetBundles/<platform>/tests.manifest
4. Take note of CRC value
5. In the Editor select Assets\HDRPDefaultResources\HDRenderPipelineAsset.asset
6. In the Inspector window change Lit Shader Mode to "Forward Only"
7. Repeat steps 2 to 4
Expected results: CRC values are different
Actual results: CRC values are the same
Reproducible with: 2021.2.13f1
Could not test with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.30f1, 2022.1.0b9, 2022.2.0a5 (errors in the Console window)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (2022.1.X):
What you are observing currently is due to the inability to express that a change in settings affects the behaviour of OnProcessShader resulting in build data change. Allowing to express this change of behaviour with our build callback system is something we have in our future roadmap but which cannot be easily introduced. The workaround would be to detect those changes and force clean the build.