Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Planned for 2019.4.X
Crash when creating a new Texture2D with a resolution greater or equal to 2048 and the mipCount higher than 1
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "Case_1213005"
2. Open the Sample Scene
3. Enter Play mode
Expected result: Editor Enters Play mode and successfully creates a new Texture2D or throws a related error message
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2019.2.18f1, 2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a20
Could not test with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.15f1(Constructor option to set the mipCount was introduced in 2019.2)
- Setting the resolution to 1024x1024 and the mipCount to 12 produces the following error:
Assertion failed on expression: 'mipCount >= -1 && mipCount <= fullMipChainCount'
UnityEngine.Texture2D:.ctor(Int32, Int32, GraphicsFormat, Int32, TextureCreationFlags)
NewBehaviourScript:Start() (at Assets/NewBehaviourScript.cs:12)
- The crash can be worked around by passing both the mipcount and TextureCreationFlags.MipChain to the Texture2D constructor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Incorrect tree shadows are shown in Play Mode when SRP Batcher is enabled
- [iOS][UaaL] After unloading a Unity scene, memory remains allocated depending on how much memory was used in the scene
- [WebGL] "Unable to open archive file" error is thrown in Build when "Compress Local Catalog" option is enabled for Addressables
- editor crashes on trying to open project on a very long path
- Performance in Game View is significantly impacted by Gfx.WaitForPresentOnGfxThread when a second monitor is connected