Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Crash on ScriptingGetComponentsOfTypeFromGameObjectFastPath when overriding prefab with Playable Director
--> Use the Timeline package (minimum version 1.2.0) to reproduce the bug. <--
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1224184" and load the scene "SampleScene"
2. Click on "parent" prefab in the Hierarchy
3. Make sure the Timeline Window is visible on screen
4. Add a GameObject as a child to the prefab instance
5. In the Inspector for the Prefab instance click on Overrides and select "Apply All"
Reproducible in: 1.2.0 (2019.3.0a10), 1.3.0 (2019.3.4f1, 2020.1.0a26), preview.1 - 1.4.0 (2020.2.0a1)
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.18f1, 1.1.0 (2019.2.21f1)
First lines of the stack trace:
0x00007FF70E41D3C8 (Unity) ScriptingGetComponentsOfTypeFromGameObjectFastPath
0x00007FF70E6ABA27 (Unity) GameObject_CUSTOM_GetComponentFastPath
0x0000021AD065C29C (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:GetComponentFastPath (UnityEngine.GameObject,System.Type,intptr)
0x0000021AD065C1B3 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.GameObject:GetComponent<T_REF> ()
0x0000021AFAE5B9DB (Mono JIT Code) [D:\Projects\TimeLineCrash\Library\PackageCache\firstname.lastname@example.org\Runtime\Animation\AnimationTrack.cs:610] UnityEngine.Timeline.AnimationTrack:OnCreateClipPlayableGraph (UnityEngine.Playables.PlayableGraph,UnityEngine.GameObject,UnityEngine.Timeline.IntervalTree`1<UnityEngine.Timeline.RuntimeElement>)
1. The "parent" prefab has a Playable Director that has a Timeline, which has a Control Track that sets the "child" prefab as a grandchild to the "parent" prefab. The "child" prefab has a Playable Director component with a Timeline that has an Animation Track set
2. If the Timeline window is not seen on screen, the crash does not occur
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Build fails with built-in PAD custom asset(s) when using sample Addressable
- [iOS] nw_read_request_report crash
- The serialized field value cannot be changed when trying to set it back to "None"
- The dropdown component breaks when the 31st Layer is used
- Silent crash when GameObjects collide when transform.SetParent is used