Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Crash on ScriptingGetComponentsOfTypeFromGameObjectFastPath when overriding prefab with Playable Director
--> Use the Timeline package (minimum version 1.2.0) to reproduce the bug. <--
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1224184" and load the scene "SampleScene"
2. Click on "parent" prefab in the Hierarchy
3. Make sure the Timeline Window is visible on screen
4. Add a GameObject as a child to the prefab instance
5. In the Inspector for the Prefab instance click on Overrides and select "Apply All"
Reproducible in: 1.2.0 (2019.3.0a10), 1.3.0 (2019.3.4f1, 2020.1.0a26), preview.1 - 1.4.0 (2020.2.0a1)
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.18f1, 1.1.0 (2019.2.21f1)
First lines of the stack trace:
0x00007FF70E41D3C8 (Unity) ScriptingGetComponentsOfTypeFromGameObjectFastPath
0x00007FF70E6ABA27 (Unity) GameObject_CUSTOM_GetComponentFastPath
0x0000021AD065C29C (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.GameObject:GetComponentFastPath (UnityEngine.GameObject,System.Type,intptr)
0x0000021AD065C1B3 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.GameObject:GetComponent<T_REF> ()
0x0000021AFAE5B9DB (Mono JIT Code) [D:\Projects\TimeLineCrash\Library\PackageCache\firstname.lastname@example.org\Runtime\Animation\AnimationTrack.cs:610] UnityEngine.Timeline.AnimationTrack:OnCreateClipPlayableGraph (UnityEngine.Playables.PlayableGraph,UnityEngine.GameObject,UnityEngine.Timeline.IntervalTree`1<UnityEngine.Timeline.RuntimeElement>)
1. The "parent" prefab has a Playable Director that has a Timeline, which has a Control Track that sets the "child" prefab as a grandchild to the "parent" prefab. The "child" prefab has a Playable Director component with a Timeline that has an Animation Track set
2. If the Timeline window is not seen on screen, the crash does not occur
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves