Search Issue Tracker
Crash on recompile when updating a package after being in Play Mode
1. Open attached project "Atwater_Thin_UnityCrashTest.zip"
2. Enter PlayMode
3. Press "Z" to open the debug menu
4. Select Scenarios -> [Any scenario] -> Begin Scenario
5. Wait until the game loads
6. Stop PlayMode
7. Go to the package manager and update "2D Animation" package, or edit a script)
Note: A more reliable crash repro was found by Pausing Playmode at step 6, so that package is being upgraded while in playmode. That's not the original customer issue.
Expected result: Editor does not crash
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2020.3.8f1, 2021.1.7f1
Could not test (errors): 2018.4, 2019.4, 2021.2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform