Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Crash on MeshUtility_CUSTOM_SetMeshCompression when MeshCompression is set to null or destroyed
1. Open the attached project 'MissingMeshCompressionCrash'
2. Open the 'SampleScene'
3. In the Scene window click on the 'Create mesh and set compression on null' button
4. Observe crash
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.6f1, 2022.1.0b1
Note: pressing 'Create mesh and set compression missing' also causes crash
First lines of the Stack Trace of Crashed Thread:
0x00007FF7D8DE980A (Unity) MeshUtility_CUSTOM_SetMeshCompression
0x0000024C2EEE4A87 (UnityEditor) UnityEditor.MeshUtility.SetMeshCompression()
0x0000024C2EEE1E0B (Assembly-CSharp) Test.CreateMeshAndSetCompression()
0x0000024C2EE39463 (Assembly-CSharp) Test.OnSceneGUI()
0x0000024C2EE3862E (UnityEditor) UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI()
0x0000024C2EE34123 (UnityEditor) UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI()
0x0000024C2EDD551B (UnityEditor) UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI()
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform