Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Crash on IsTypeTreePPtr when switching variable to another type that inherits from the same class
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open the scene 'Assets\Scenes\SampleScene'
3. Select 'TestObject' in the Hierarchy
4. Tap the 'Change Type' checkbox in the Inspector
Expected result: The Editor does not crash
Actual result: The Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a18, 2021.2.0b13, 2022.1.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.23f1, 2021.2.0a17
Couldn't test with: 2019.4.30f1
1. The 'Change Type' checkbox may have to be pressed multiple times to reproduce the crash.
2. In the versions that do not reproduce the crash an error is thrown instead:
"Fields with [SerializeReference] cannot serialize inflated generic type in this case: TestScript.D<System.Int32>".
The same error is in the logs right before crashing in the versions that reproduce the issue.
0x00007ff7349075a3 (Unity) IsTypeTreePPtr
0x00007ff7357cd98f (Unity) CollectPropertyValuesFromSerializedObject
0x00007ff7357d383d (Unity) GeneratePropertyDiffInternal
0x00007ff7357d4035 (Unity) GeneratePropertyDiffInternal
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Recursive rendering refraction is very different compared to Rasterization/PathTracing
- [VFX] SMR sampling first frame after culling in T-Pose
- Can't select color from Editor with color picker when Unity Editor is on Secondary monitor
- [Linux] "Error while reading movie" errors in Learning templates due to unsupported .mov video format
- [Android] Crash with Signal 11 when opening app from floating icon state