Search Issue Tracker
Crash on -[CocoaMainMenu validateMenuItem:] when pressing/searching in Help
1. Open any project
2. Press Help
3. Optionally - search in the Search under Help
Reproducible with: 2021.3.23f1, 2022.2.14f1
Could not test with: 2020.3.47f1, 2023.1.0b13, 2023.2.0a12 (No local reproduction)
Reproducible on: macOS 12.X, 13.X (M1 and Intel)
First few lines of stack trace:
#0 0x000001050b3618 in -[CocoaMainMenu validateMenuItem:]
#1 0x000001979b1df0 in -[NSMenu _enableItem:]
#2 0x6619800197abc364 in -[NSCarbonMenuImpl _carbonUpdateStatusEvent:handlerCallRef:]
#3 0x6d36800197aa753c in NSSLMMenuEventHandler
#4 0xf05380019dc7c4c0 in DispatchEventToHandlers(EventTargetRec*, OpaqueEventRef*, HandlerCallRec*)
#5 0xce0c80019dc7b940 in SendEventToEventTargetInternal(OpaqueEventRef*, OpaqueEventTargetRef*, HandlerCallRec*) #6 0xca2c80019dc91bb8 in SendEventToEventTarget
All information is gathered from user reports.
The reproduction rate is very low - was only able to reproduce this once.
Some users reported crashes with the same stack trace when pressing on any item in the top Menu.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
The reproduction rate is too low and unreliable.
QA reproduced only once internally.
Would be looked at again if we could get a reliable reproduction.