Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Crash on CanDestroyObject when opening a project for the first time
How to reproduce:
1. Extract and open the "case_1172790repro.zip" Unity project in version 2018.4.3f1
2. Observe the crash
Reproducible with: 2018.4.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.2f1, 2019.3.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1
1. Stack traces of the crash may vary from version to version - in version 2018.4.3f1 it crashes on "CanDestroyObject", on 2018.4.6f1 - "ImmediatePtr<Unity::Component>::operator*", on 2019.1.14f1 - "Unity::Component::GetGameObject", on 2019.2.2f1 - "GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursivelyInternal", on 2019.3.0a12 - "GetPrefabDynamicDependencies". All stack traces seem to have the line "DestroyObjectHighLevel" in common (apart from 2019.3.0a12).
2. Only reproducible when launching the project for the first time on the device.
3. On version 2017.4.32f1, the issue cannot be reproduced - launching project for the first time does not result in a crash. The Console tab indicates a YAML syntax error in a Prefab Asset.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode12][Burst] iOS builds with Universal/ARMv7 architecture fail in Xcode 12 with New Build System when using burst
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version