Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Crash on CanDestroyObject when opening a project for the first time
How to reproduce:
1. Extract and open the "case_1172790repro.zip" Unity project in version 2018.4.3f1
2. Observe the crash
Reproducible with: 2018.4.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.2f1, 2019.3.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1
1. Stack traces of the crash may vary from version to version - in version 2018.4.3f1 it crashes on "CanDestroyObject", on 2018.4.6f1 - "ImmediatePtr<Unity::Component>::operator*", on 2019.1.14f1 - "Unity::Component::GetGameObject", on 2019.2.2f1 - "GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursivelyInternal", on 2019.3.0a12 - "GetPrefabDynamicDependencies". All stack traces seem to have the line "DestroyObjectHighLevel" in common (apart from 2019.3.0a12).
2. Only reproducible when launching the project for the first time on the device.
3. On version 2017.4.32f1, the issue cannot be reproduced - launching project for the first time does not result in a crash. The Console tab indicates a YAML syntax error in a Prefab Asset.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Containers' height doesn't expand when text wraps
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.0a15.
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed in 2019.3.5f1