Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Crash on CanDestroyObject when opening a project for the first time
How to reproduce:
1. Extract and open the "case_1172790repro.zip" Unity project in version 2018.4.3f1
2. Observe the crash
Reproducible with: 2018.4.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.2f1, 2019.3.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1
1. Stack traces of the crash may vary from version to version - in version 2018.4.3f1 it crashes on "CanDestroyObject", on 2018.4.6f1 - "ImmediatePtr<Unity::Component>::operator*", on 2019.1.14f1 - "Unity::Component::GetGameObject", on 2019.2.2f1 - "GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursivelyInternal", on 2019.3.0a12 - "GetPrefabDynamicDependencies". All stack traces seem to have the line "DestroyObjectHighLevel" in common (apart from 2019.3.0a12).
2. Only reproducible when launching the project for the first time on the device.
3. On version 2017.4.32f1, the issue cannot be reproduced - launching project for the first time does not result in a crash. The Console tab indicates a YAML syntax error in a Prefab Asset.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform