Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Crash on CanDestroyObject when opening a project for the first time
How to reproduce:
1. Extract and open the "case_1172790repro.zip" Unity project in version 2018.4.3f1
2. Observe the crash
Reproducible with: 2018.4.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.2f1, 2019.3.0a12
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1
1. Stack traces of the crash may vary from version to version - in version 2018.4.3f1 it crashes on "CanDestroyObject", on 2018.4.6f1 - "ImmediatePtr<Unity::Component>::operator*", on 2019.1.14f1 - "Unity::Component::GetGameObject", on 2019.2.2f1 - "GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursivelyInternal", on 2019.3.0a12 - "GetPrefabDynamicDependencies". All stack traces seem to have the line "DestroyObjectHighLevel" in common (apart from 2019.3.0a12).
2. Only reproducible when launching the project for the first time on the device.
3. On version 2017.4.32f1, the issue cannot be reproduced - launching project for the first time does not result in a crash. The Console tab indicates a YAML syntax error in a Prefab Asset.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs