Search Issue Tracker
Crash on AnimationState::~AnimationState when exiting Play Mode after recompiling scripts
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the "MessagePanelBase.cs" script
3. Add the following function to the script:
public virtual void Initialise(MessageCellBaseData data)
m_Data = data;
4. Open "InitialisationScene.unity" scene
5. Enter Play Mode
6. Press "New User"
7. Create a character
8. Select Make Friends
9. Start dancing (Dance >> ..)
10. Delete the recently created Initialise function at MessagePanelBase.cs
11. Focus Unity and let scripts recompile
12. Restore the recently deleted Initialise function at MessagePanelBase.cs
13. Focus Unity and let scripts recompile (null references appear and project breaks)
14. Exit Play Mode
15. If Unity didn't crash, repeat from step 5 (character will already be created)
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.4f1, 2019.3.0b2, 2020.1.0a3.
- Dancing or watching at more people seems to increase the chance of crashing.
- Unity crashes after 1-6 tries most of the time.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Wrong aspect ratio in fullscreen of Standalone build when selected screen resolution is not native
- [iOS 12] [Metal] IOAF code 4 error freeze because of tessellation shader
- 'A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing' error is thrown when importing package with Terrain Asset with Trees
- [Mac] Crash on ioAccelResourceListAddNewGroupAndResource when importing a large COLLADA model
- Prefab referenced Game Object is not removed from the Scene files when the reference field gets deleted