Search Issue Tracker
Crash on AnimationState::~AnimationState when exiting Play Mode after recompiling scripts
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "fixed_repro.zip" project
2. Open "InitialisationScene.unity" scene
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Press "New User" and complete character creation
5. Press "Make Friends" (if new account) or select "Travel"
6. Select any place (selection is premade if playing for first time)
7. Press Dance Icon
8. Select Dance > Rodeo Party
9. Open the "MessageBasePanel.cs" script:
-Delete public virtual void Initialise(MessageCellBaseData data) function
10. Focus Unity and let scripts recompile
11. Restore the public virtual void Initialise(MessageCellBaseData data) function in MessageBasePanel.cs script
12. Focus Unity and let scripts recompile (null references appear and project breaks)
13. Exit Play Mode
14. If Unity didn't crash, repeat from step 5 (character will already be created)
Actual result: Unity crashes.
Reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.4f1, 2019.3.0b2, 2020.1.0a8.
- Dancing or watching at more people seems to increase the chance of crashing.
- Unity crashes after 1-6 tries most of the time.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on HumanTrait_CUSTOM_GetMuscleDefaultMin when passing an invalid value to HumanTrait.GetMuscleDefaultMin
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- [PackMan] Extension in bottom bar disappears when using operations between UI generation and packman extension callbacks
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'