Search Issue Tracker
Crash on Adding Component via Inspector Add Component button
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached Unity Project "UnityRimeRenderer.zip"
2. Load Scene "Scene"
3. Select GameManager Game Object
4. Click Add Component in the Inspenctor
5. Add GameManager script (creating a new Script and adding it works too)
Expected result: Component is added
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2017.2.0a2, 2017.2.0b1, 2017.2.0b2, 2017.2.0b3, 2017.2.0b4
Not reproducible with: 2017.2.0a1, 2017.1.0f1, 2017.1.0p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
This is a duplicate of issue #923355