Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0f3
Crash at "AssetBundleLoadFromAsyncOperation::TryToLoadAndInitializeAssetBundle" when AssetBundle is created incrementally
Changing the Albedo value of a material and creating an AssetBundle after the change causes Unity to crash when loading the said AssetBundle
1. Open the attached project "IncrementalBuildAssetBundleCausesCrash.zip"
2. Create AssetBundle by navigating to "AssetBundles/Export" in the menu
3. Open "Loader" scene and enter play mode
Unity works as expected
4. Change the Albedo value of "Mat" material located in "Assets/mat"
5. Create the AssetBundle again by navigating to "AssetBundles/Export" in the menu
6. Open "Loader" scene and enter play mode
Now Unity crashes while trying to load the AssetBundle
Reproduced on: All beta versions of 5.5
Not reproducible on: 5.4.2p4, 5.5.0a1
Regression introduced with 5.5.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows flickering when a Mesh's Cast Shadows are set to Shadows Only and Camera is moving with Spotlight
- AudioMixer exposed parameters cause assertions when hidden and prevent the drop-down from functioning
- Package Manager/My Assets: 401 Response code trying to download a paid asset store package
- TrailRenderer.SetPosition will log a Index out of bounds error when index is in bounds of the positionCount property
- [URP] Graphics.DrawMeshInstancedIndirect rendering correctly after clicking an another application/refreshing Assets