Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0f3
Crash at "AssetBundleLoadFromAsyncOperation::TryToLoadAndInitializeAssetBundle" when AssetBundle is created incrementally
Changing the Albedo value of a material and creating an AssetBundle after the change causes Unity to crash when loading the said AssetBundle
1. Open the attached project "IncrementalBuildAssetBundleCausesCrash.zip"
2. Create AssetBundle by navigating to "AssetBundles/Export" in the menu
3. Open "Loader" scene and enter play mode
Unity works as expected
4. Change the Albedo value of "Mat" material located in "Assets/mat"
5. Create the AssetBundle again by navigating to "AssetBundles/Export" in the menu
6. Open "Loader" scene and enter play mode
Now Unity crashes while trying to load the AssetBundle
Reproduced on: All beta versions of 5.5
Not reproducible on: 5.4.2p4, 5.5.0a1
Regression introduced with 5.5.0b1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D Game kit] "Import parameters got modified during import" error is thrown when opening up the project for the first time
- Building subscenes without platform package doesn't work
- Picking stacked objects always selects prefab
- Crash on DebugStringToFilePostprocessedStacktrace when loading/unloading scenes on GetLightmapSettings() returning null pointer
- [macOS]Hinge Joint with Mesh Collider causes a crash on a specific project