Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Crash after "Assertion failed on expression: 'bakedLightChannel < 4'" when entering Play Mode after editing Terrain Trees
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open scene "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy, select "World" > "Terrain" and open the Tree editing tab
4. Select a Tree, edit the Terrain
5. Quickly enter Play Mode
6. Repeat steps 4-5 a few times
-- observe crash (reproduces around 1/7 times)
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0b1, 2019.4.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0b1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.3.0a12
Note: in 2019.4, the original Terrain gets corrupted because it was created with a newer version of Unity, but the crash can still be reproduced with a new Terrain, using "tree_1" for trees.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)