Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Crash after "Assertion failed on expression: 'bakedLightChannel < 4'" when entering Play Mode after editing Terrain Trees
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open scene "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy, select "World" > "Terrain" and open the Tree editing tab
4. Select a Tree, edit the Terrain
5. Quickly enter Play Mode
6. Repeat steps 4-5 a few times
-- observe crash (reproduces around 1/7 times)
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0b1, 2019.4.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0b1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.3.0a12
Note: in 2019.4, the original Terrain gets corrupted because it was created with a newer version of Unity, but the crash can still be reproduced with a new Terrain, using "tree_1" for trees.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible