Search Issue Tracker
CPU spikes by 3-10% at "Physics.Processing" when using Physics.RebuildBroadphaseRegions
1. Open the attached "PhysicsPerformanceRepro.zip" project
2. Open the "OutdoorsScene" Scene
3. Enter the Play mode
4. Open and observe the Profiler window
Expected result: There are no CPU spikes at "Physics.Processing"
Actual result: CPU spikes by 3-10% at "Physics.Processing"
Reproducible with: 2019.4.37f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.3.1f1, 2022.1.0b14, 2022.2.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
The spikes appear under Physics.Processing only due to the fact that, by design, if Physics is not done simulating yet and we're just waiting for it to be done, we allow for other jobs to jump in and do their work. It doesn't have to be physics related at all. This helps process things quicker, but of course generally we still show this section as "Physics.Processing" in the profiler, since we are waiting for it to be done.