Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0b12, 2023.2.0a9
Console displays error "Layout update is struggling to process current layout" when user selects saved empty search asset
Steps to reproduce:
# Create new project
# Go to "Window" menu item and select "Search -> New Window"
# Verify, that "Search" window opens
# Click "Open Inspector" button
# Verify, that "Inspector" window opens
# Enter "AAA" as search criteria and click "Enter"
# Verify, that you get "No results found...."
# Click "Save" next to the search input field and select "Save Project"
# Save the query
# Verify, that saved query is displayed under "Project" section in "Searches" section
# Select saved query
# Select saved query asset in "All" tab
# Observe "Console" window
Expected result: No errors in the console
Actual result: Console displays error. Added screenshot and video in the "Attachments" section.
Reproducible with: 2023.1.0a15, 2023.1.0b3.
Not reproducible with: 2022.2.6f1, 2021.3.18f1, 2020.3.45f1 (this functionality isn't available in this stream).
Layout update is struggling to process current layout (consider simplifying to avoid recursive layout): VisualElement unity-panel-container7 (x:0.00, y:0.00, width:758.00, height:695.00) world rect: (x:0.00, y:0.00, width:758.00, height:695.00)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:195)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags