Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
Cone Shaped Particle Systems Bounds are smaller when Renderer Mode Stretched Billboard Speed Scale has negative value
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Case_1160531"
2. Navigate to Project -> Assets -> Scenes and open "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy select "GameObject"
4. Press F to focus it in the Scene
5. Make sure that "Show Bounds" is checked
--Notice that Particle Systems bound size
Expected Results: Particle System Renderer with Negative Speed Scale values creates the same Particle System Bound as Positive values would
Actual Results: Particle System Renderer with Negative Speed Scale values creates smaller Particle System bounds
Reproducible with: 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.25f1, 2018.4.2f1, 2019.1.5f1, 2019.2.0b5, 2019.3.0a4
Notes: This bug is not consistent and works differently with every Particle system but usually setting Speed Scale to -1.2 and Start Lifetime to 1 reproduce the bug. Turning off Rendering and Turning it on Fixes the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build