Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X, 2018.3.X
collision2D.contacts often reports a normalImpulse of 0 for heavy collisions
This issue has no description.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Jul 08, 2020 14:54
Oct 16, 2018 13:01
btw I'm no longer seeing this bug between box collider and circle collider collsions, only between circles.
Oct 16, 2018 12:59
This is not completely fixed in 2018.3.0b5 as said in the release notes.
Still often return 0 for both impulses.
When it does return 0, the relative Velocity is oddly VERY high.
I'm seeing this about 20% of the time with big and medium hits between to circlecolliders
Oct 03, 2018 10:18
This is also all true of contacts.tangentImpulse. Whenever normalImpulse returns 0, so does the tangentImpulse.
Further, it's not a different contact. I've checked contacts and up, they don't have anything at all (null), when this problem occurs. So it's simply a problem with lost contact information.
This is a HUGE problem for dynamic game sounds that are based on the extent of physical responses. Please fix.
It's comically obvious if/when sounds are based on these values.
Oct 02, 2018 16:04
Where is this fixed? Still occurring in 2018.3 betas.
Frequency is about 20% of same sized collisions when they're moderate hits. About 10% for lesser hits and about as much as 50% for heavy contacts.