Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Collaborate updates take a long time on big projects
Collaborate takes forever
STILL INVESTIGATING CAUSE OF THIS ISSUE
1. What happened
When receiving an update from colaborate, unity seems to reimport and recompile the whole project which takes a lot of time.
I don't have an other big project to try it on but can confirm it does it on every machine.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
Try it on a big project.
Converting this from a bug into a work item where we can properly give the issue the attention it needs. Fixing this will require more effort than time for a bug fix will allow. This is a high priority issue in our efforts to scale up the size of projects that Collab can handle in the coming years.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] No button to add Platform support to installed Unity versions
- GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
- Camera does not Render a Video Player when Cameras Culling Mask is set to anything except "Everything"
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- The Marker does not Run and gets Skipped when running in Reverse