Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3.0f3
Collab: When publish failed due to "Cannot copy file" error, client thinks some files are published leading to bad sync state
If a collab publish fails due to a "Cannot copy file" error, most/all of the files that COULD be copied are marked in the editor as published even though they have not been.
Assuming that you resolve the "cannot copy file" error, the only files published are the ones that couldn't originally be published - all the files that the local editor thinks WERE published are not actually published. Because the editor acts as if these files are published, you cannot publish them normally.
1. Add multiple files to project as new assets
2. Save project
3. Select one of those files and use a file locking tool / script to lock one of the files (you can find example powershell scripts via google)
4. Attempt to publish changes using collab
Publish fails with "Cannot copy file" error, but some/all of the files are now marked in the editor UI as synced to the cloud when they are not.
VERSIONS REPRODUCED IN:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework