Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3
Client connection to hosted server is interrupted with NetworkReader:ReadByte() exception
1.Download and open attached project
2.Build the game on standalone platform
3.Open built project and play as Host
4.Enter play mode in the editor
5.Connect to hosted server as client from editor
Reproduced with: 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0b3, 5.4.3p3, 5.3.7p2
Expected result: Second player connecting succesfully to the hosted server and editor not throwing error.
Actual result: Second player does not connect to the server, editor throws error.
Note: Also reproducible when server is hosted from the editor and the client connects from the built game.
Verified with: 2017.3.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3