Search Issue Tracker
Changing Blendshapes of Skinned Mesh Renderer breaks the texture when using specific Import Settings
How to reproduce:
1. Open "SampleScene" in the attached "MorphTEST.zip" project
2. Make sure that Import setting > Model > "Normals" and "Blend Shape Normals" are set to "Import" on the "Head.fbx"
3. Press on the "Head" GameObject in the Scene
4. Drag "Mouse_perplex1" slider all the way to the left
5. Drag "Eye_Smile2" slider all the way to the right
6. Observe the "Head" GameObject in the Scene View
Expected behavior: The Blendshape changes and does not break
Actual Behavior: The Blendshape changes but also breaks (introduces weird colors)
Reproducible with: 2018.3.5f1, 2019.1.0b2, 2019.2.0a4
Note: Could not reproduce with 2017.4 stream, as there is no "Blend Shape Normals" setting (this setting was introduced in 2018.3.0a6).
The MeshImporter settings has the Normal & BlendShape Normal set to "Import", so the mesh will use the normal / blend shape normal exported from 3D software. So user need to go back to the 3D software to fix the normals and import again.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [XR][Vulkan] LWRP using stereo instancing renders to only one eye when SRP batcher is enabled
- Unity Unit Tests process terminated in CLI mode because of XR Manager
- Resetting a Preset removes its type and renders it useless
- [LWRP] Add to list button gives empty list when trying to add features to the Forward Renderer
- Inspector blinks / flickers once when Inspector is visible, any object from the Hierarchy is selected and a script is recompiled