Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.2.0a23
Certain audio files can have their length halved when they are loaded with UnityWebRequest
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached Project "mp3Bug" and load Scene "Main"
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Click the "Open streaming asset file" button in the Game View
4. Observe the value of "Audio length" in the Game View
Expected result: the length is reported to be 174.027s
Actual result: the length is reported to be 87.51s
Reproducible with: 2020.3.46f1, 2021.3.20f1, 2022.2.9f1, 2023.1.0b6, 2023.2.0a4
- The Project contains 3 different audio files to test: TestMP3Audio.mp3 (length is reported twice as small as it should be), TestWavAudio.wav (the same audio file with a different format, length is reported correctly) and test.mp3 (length is also reported correctly)
- In the Project you can change the file being loaded by modifying the "File Name In Streaming Assets" variable in the "Audio Manager" Component of the "AudioManager" GameObject in the Scene
- The size of the faulty loaded mp3 file matches the actual file size
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pressing Control when the Scene View is in focus logs a "CommandBuffer: temporary render texture not found while executing" warning
- [Android] UI is being scaled up on some Android devices when the referenced resolution in the "Canvas Scaler" component is larger than the actual screen resolution of the device
- Resizing the Scene View causes the Editor to lag when the Canvas contains many items and it's Rect Transform size is changed
- Gizmo Settings Menu overflows to another monitor when the Scene View is expanded
- [Android] Sprite transparency does not work when using RGB ETC1 format and a warning is shown "Cannot compress to ETC1. The split alpha channel and compression to ETC1 requires a packing tag."