Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
"Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
1. Download and open the attached project 'DontSaveError.zip'
2. Open Scene 'SampleScene'
3. Open Scene 'EmptyScene'
4. Observe Console window
Expected result: No Error is thrown
Actual result: Error "Can't destroy Transform component of 'Sphere'. If you want to destroy the game object, please call 'Destroy' on the game object instead. Destroying the transform component is not allowed." is thrown
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.19f1, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2021.1.0a7, 2021.1.0b4, 2021.2.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.0a7
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.3f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.24f1