Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
"Can't add script" error is thrown when a Preprocessor Command block contains string concatenations
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "scriptRepro"
2. Open the scene "SampleScene" (Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity)
3. In the Project window, select the script "Test" (Assets/Test.cs)
4. In the Hierarchy window, locate the GameObject "ClickMe" and drag the script onto it
Expected result: The script is added to the GameObject
Actual result: A "Can't add script" window pops up
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a5, 2020.3.27f1, 2021.2.10f1, 2022.1.0b6, 2022.2.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.1.0a4, 2022.2.0a3
Can't add script component 'Test' because the script class cannot be found. Make sure that there are no compile errors and that the file name and class name match.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on Scripting::ScriptingWrapperFor(Object*) when opening project
- Crash on MainMessageLoop when importing Assets
- Crash on AwakeFromLoadQueue::InvokePersistentManagerAwake when opening a project
- "Open Reference For Grid Selection" help button opens non existing page
- Android IL2CPP build fails when the project contains native plugins that use NDK APIs that are available in the project's minimum API level but not available in API 22