Search Issue Tracker
Cannot launch Editor due to "libgconf-2.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
Install Unity using any method: the Hub or Linux Download Assistant or unpack from Unity.tar.xz
Attempt to launch it from command line: ~/Unity-2019.1.0f2/Editor/Unity
Result is the "error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
The editor is missing libgconf-2-4 package that's not installed by default. If it does not repro try `sudo apt remove libgconf-2-4`
- Install missing dependency: `sudo apt install libgconf-2-4`
- Launch the editor through the Hub
Tested on Ubuntu 18.04
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio