Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.X
"Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource..." error is shown when using UnityWebRequest.GetAudioClip()
Audio file format is .ogg, supported by Unity.
1. Download the project, attached by user (BugDownloadHandlerAudioClip.zip)
2. Run the python 3 webserver script in the WebServer folder by typing python chunked-web-server.py into the command line
3. Open Unity project
4. Open "Main" scene if not already open
5. Enter Play mode
6. Observe console
Expected: audio clip is downloaded and played.
Actual: audio clip, supported by Unity, is not downloaded and "Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource x^C (Unsupported file or audio format.)
Reproduced in 5.4.5p1, 5.5.3p2, 5.6.1f1, 2017.1.0b5
Fixed in 2017.2.0b2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Crash on internalABP::BoxManager::prepareData when entering Play Mode
- Crash at "UnityEngine.Object:FindObjectsOfType" when quitting the Player
- Creating material variant produces errors if there is no Materials folder