Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2
"Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource..." error is shown when using UnityWebRequest.GetAudioClip()
Audio file format is .ogg, supported by Unity.
1. Download the project, attached by user (BugDownloadHandlerAudioClip.zip)
2. Run the python 3 webserver script in the WebServer folder by typing python chunked-web-server.py into the command line
3. Open Unity project
4. Open "Main" scene if not already open
5. Enter Play mode
6. Observe console
Expected: audio clip is downloaded and played.
Actual: audio clip, supported by Unity, is not downloaded and "Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource x^C (Unsupported file or audio format.)
Reproduced in 5.4.5p1, 5.5.3p2, 5.6.1f1, 2017.1.0b5
Fixed in 2017.2.0b2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Symbolink Sources option broke for Android
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is inconsistent when Reload Scene is disabled in Configurable Play Mode
- Spam in console when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- HDR values are not taken into account when using baked gradient environment