Search Issue Tracker
"Cancelling DisplayDialog.." error is being thrown when entering the play mode after AssetBundle.Unload(false)
1. Open user's attached project
2. Switch platform to iOS or PC
3. In the menu bar press Project -> AssetBundle
4. Enter play mode and inspect the console
Note: If you can't reproduce the error try reproducing it few times.
Expected result: No errors should be thrown, asset bundle is loaded successfully
Actual result: "Cancelling DisplayDialog because it was run from a thread that is not the main thread: Opening file failed"
^ error is being thrown
Reproduced with: Unity 2017.1.3p2, 2017.2.1p4, 2017.3.1p3, 2018.1.0b11, 2018.2.0a4
Note: Reproduced with iOS and PC platforms but wasn't able to reproduce with Android platform. Also, commenting AssetBundle.Unload(false) in App.cs seems to fix the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh