Search Issue Tracker
"Cancelling DisplayDialog.." error is being thrown when entering the play mode after AssetBundle.Unload(false)
1. Open user's attached project
2. Switch platform to iOS or PC
3. In the menu bar press Project -> AssetBundle
4. Enter play mode and inspect the console
Note: If you can't reproduce the error try reproducing it few times.
Expected result: No errors should be thrown, asset bundle is loaded successfully
Actual result: "Cancelling DisplayDialog because it was run from a thread that is not the main thread: Opening file failed"
^ error is being thrown
Reproduced with: Unity 2017.1.3p2, 2017.2.1p4, 2017.3.1p3, 2018.1.0b11, 2018.2.0a4
Note: Reproduced with iOS and PC platforms but wasn't able to reproduce with Android platform. Also, commenting AssetBundle.Unload(false) in App.cs seems to fix the issue.
This is a duplicate of issue #986673Reloading a bundle after unloading it with AssetBundle.Unload in the same frame causes read error
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android 9] GL_INVALID_OPERATION thrown when texture.ReadPixels is called
- [Android] Gradle build system does not escape backslash character on Keystore alias password
- [Android] Texture being misread in follow up blit on Adreno 630 when blitting zero alpha into texture
- Animator component properties are animatable and create errors
- [Test Runner] PlayMode tests do not exit Play Mode in 2018.2 versions of Unity