Search Issue Tracker
"Cancelling DisplayDialog.." error is being thrown when entering the play mode after AssetBundle.Unload(false)
1. Open user's attached project
2. Switch platform to iOS or PC
3. In the menu bar press Project -> AssetBundle
4. Enter play mode and inspect the console
Note: If you can't reproduce the error try reproducing it few times.
Expected result: No errors should be thrown, asset bundle is loaded successfully
Actual result: "Cancelling DisplayDialog because it was run from a thread that is not the main thread: Opening file failed"
^ error is being thrown
Reproduced with: Unity 2017.1.3p2, 2017.2.1p4, 2017.3.1p3, 2018.1.0b11, 2018.2.0a4
Note: Reproduced with iOS and PC platforms but wasn't able to reproduce with Android platform. Also, commenting AssetBundle.Unload(false) in App.cs seems to fix the issue.
This is a duplicate of issue #986673Reloading a bundle after unloading it with AssetBundle.Unload in the same frame causes read error
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Array.BinarySearch parameters get swapped from .NET 3.4 to .NET 4.0
- Sort Order is not respected for a newly created Canvas until Play Mode is entered or any adjustments are made
- 'InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.' errors are occurring when the Tile Palette window is opened