Search Issue Tracker
Status: Fixed in future release
Canceling the creation of a sprite animation, when sprites are dropped to the scene, throws an error
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Select multiple Sprites from Assets/Test_Visuals and drag them into the scene view
3. Cancel the popup
4. Look at the console
Result: "Failed to create animation for dragged object UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()" and one of the sprites appears in hierarchy
Expected result: It should work the same as dropping sprites to the hierarchy and canceling popup: error is not thrown and none of the sprites stays.
Reproducible: 5.3.7p4, 5.4.4p2, 5.5.1p4,
in 5.6.0b8 popup doesn't appear and one of the sprites adds as a material on the other object in the scene
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Animator keeps StateMachine state when disabling GameObject
- Changes in behavior of AnimatorIK while editor is stopped
- In the "Lighting" window, the object added to the "Sun" doesn't save.
- Null character in InputField causes exception in InputField.MoveTextEnd
- [UI] ScrollRect with Canvas on it loses Anchors after placed on scene root without parent Canvas