Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Duplicate in 2020.3.X
BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer throws "The build cannot be appended" exception when using AcceptExternalModificationsToPlayer option
How to reproduce it:
1. Open the user's attached project "Upgrade.zip"
2. In the menu bar click "shoutr lab" > "Export for Android"
3. Observe the Console window
Expected result: Project is successfully exported
Actual result: Exception "InvalidOperationException: The build cannot be appended." appears
Reproduces on: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0b12, 2022.1.0a6
- Not reproducible when Exporting project via Build Settings
- Exception appears in line BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer(scenes, pathBuild, BuildTarget.Android, BuildOptions.AcceptExternalModificationsToPlayer);
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unexpected exception System.DllNotFoundException" error thrown in the Console window when creating a project with 2D (URP) Template
- [Backport] [XR SDK] [HDRP] XRSettings.gameViewRenderMode does not change Game View Render Mode
- [Backport] [Android][Vulkan] Crash on Samsung Note8 while running gfx tests
- [Backport] Wrong sorting for "GC Alloc" column in Show Related Objects panel of Profiler Window
- [Backport] [iOS] Unfreed allocation errors thrown in Console when executing Build And Run with iOS platform