Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
Camera.ScreenPointToRay returns slightly offset coordinates when drawing the Ray from main camera to mouse position
How to reproduce:
1. Extract and open the attached project (Raycast issue 2019.1.0a3.zip)
2. Enter the play mode
3. Move the mouse around on the platform that you see in game view
4. Observe the drawn line in the scene view
Expected results: The drawn line stays as long as the mouse is hovering above the platform
Actual results: The drawn line disappears at the top of the platform and appears too early below the bottom of the platform
Reproduces in: 2018.3.0a3, 2018.3.0b4, 2019.1.0a3
Does not reproduce in: 2017.4.12f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.11f1, 2018.3.0a2
Note: The effect appears to be more visible when drawing the Ray to the platform from a slanted angle
Fixed in: 2019.1.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website