Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
Camera.ScreenPointToRay returns slightly offset coordinates when drawing the Ray from main camera to mouse position
How to reproduce:
1. Extract and open the attached project (Raycast issue 2019.1.0a3.zip)
2. Enter the play mode
3. Move the mouse around on the platform that you see in game view
4. Observe the drawn line in the scene view
Expected results: The drawn line stays as long as the mouse is hovering above the platform
Actual results: The drawn line disappears at the top of the platform and appears too early below the bottom of the platform
Reproduces in: 2018.3.0a3, 2018.3.0b4, 2019.1.0a3
Does not reproduce in: 2017.4.12f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.11f1, 2018.3.0a2
Note: The effect appears to be more visible when drawing the Ray to the platform from a slanted angle
Fixed in: 2019.1.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- [Editor] When Preference window is open, exiting Playmode generates NullReferenceException.
- [Addressables] Models have deformations when they are imported from AssetBundle and Play Mode Script is set to Packed Play mode