Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Behavior change] mono_debug_find_method returns non-null object for not compiled methods
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download the attached "UIToolkitSamples-master.zip" project
2. Open the Trade scene
3. Open profiler, activate "Call Stacks" with GC.Alloc option
4. Enter play mode and wait for a few frames to be recorded
5. Pause the game
6. Select the first frame
7. In the Timeline view of the profiler look through Magenta tiles called "GC.Alloc"
Expected result: The stack trace shows the correct stack for the allocation.
Actual result: The top line of the stack trace is unrelated
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a18, 2021.2.0b7, 2022.1.0a5
Not reproduce with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.16f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0a17
Incorrect stack traces:
This is a sibling of https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1355812/ bug which I've created to track mono behavior change.
The core issue is that mono_debug_find_method started returning non NULL data for methods which are not compiled. The old behavior is much more preferred as it saves useless allocation deallocation IMHO
I've added an extra null check in the PR https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/130782/_/profiler/bugfixes/1355812
but for profiler it would be much more performant to avoid any allocs.
Please see for the repro project and more information https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1355812/
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nested checked Menu items return incorrect values when the checking function button is not at the same level
- [VFX Graph] Subgraph error message does not re-appear after reload until graph is dirty
- [VFX Graph] When saving graph with a shortcut (CTRL +S) in graph error does not appear until graph is dirty
- [Android][IL2CPP] Player of a specific project crashes when launching it
- [Android] Keyboard gets hidden when the input field area is clicked and TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput is set to true