Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Baking is stuck when clicking Generate Lighting button after exiting from Play mode
Prerequisites: For repro you'll need to download '[Particles] FTP' project from Collab.
Steps to repro:
1. Download the project from the comment section;
2. Open 't1' scene;
3. In the Lighting window click 'Generate Lighting' button;
4. Wait until the lighting bakes;
5. When the lighting bake is finished, save the scene;
6. Open 't2' scene;
7. Enter Play mode;
8. Exit Play mode;
9. Open 't1' scene;
10. In the Lighting window click 'Generate Lighting' button.
1. Download and open '[Particles] FTP' project from Collab;
2. Editor will prompt to restart because the scripting backend has changed;
3. Click Restart button;
4. Open '18_LightsModule' scene;
5. Enter Play mode;
6. Wait until sprites are repacked;
7. Exit Play mode;
8. In the Lighting window click 'Generate Lighting' button.
Baking is stuck. See attached video.
Regression introduced in 2018.3.0b1.
Baking completes successfully.
- Reproducible in 2019.1.0a4, 2018.3.0b5, 2018.3.0b1;
- Not reproducible in 2018.3.0a11, 2018.2.12f1, 2018.1.9f2;
- Reproducible on Windows and OSX;
- Reproducible when baking with GPU PLM and Enlighten; Not reproducible when baking with CPU PLM.
- If rebaking GI after clearing baked data after canceling stuck baking - all scene's lighting is black;
- The bug is not reproducible when not entering Play mode before rebaking GI;
- Restarting Editor fixes the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.3):
The ProgressiveRuntimeManager was missing a state change in Clear() that would mark the manager as cleared. Without it, the GISceneManager would think that one of the managers was constantly actively clearing and therefore never finish the bake, which results in the button to never change.