Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.9f1, 2022.1.9f1
[Backport] Particle system ignores the Shape parameter and shoots particles in the straight line when the Prewarm setting is tur
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "ParticleZeroSurfaceBug.zip"
2. Open the "Bug" Scene
3. Enter the Play mode
Expected result: The particles are scattered across the Scene, released from the sides of the Cube
Actual result: The particles are launched in a straight line at first, afterwards they are released from the sides of the Cube
Reproducible with: 2019.4.37f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2021.3.0f1, 2022.1.0b15, 2022.2.0a9
- Only reproducible if the Particle System's Shape is set to Mesh Renderer
- Setting the Particle System's Type to Edge or Triangle throws this warning: "Particle System is trying to spawn on a mesh with zero surface area"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"