Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.9f1, 2022.1.9f1
[Backport] Particle system ignores the Shape parameter and shoots particles in the straight line when the Prewarm setting is tur
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "ParticleZeroSurfaceBug.zip"
2. Open the "Bug" Scene
3. Enter the Play mode
Expected result: The particles are scattered across the Scene, released from the sides of the Cube
Actual result: The particles are launched in a straight line at first, afterwards they are released from the sides of the Cube
Reproducible with: 2019.4.37f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2021.3.0f1, 2022.1.0b15, 2022.2.0a9
- Only reproducible if the Particle System's Shape is set to Mesh Renderer
- Setting the Particle System's Type to Edge or Triangle throws this warning: "Particle System is trying to spawn on a mesh with zero surface area"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released